Privilege Escalation Vulnerability Testing
Prevent hackers from acquiring admin rights in your web applications.
- Detect privilege escalation vulnerabilities in web apps
- Prevent weaknesses within the system’s peripheral defenses, such as (Application Programming Interfaces) APIs and open ports
- Automated online SaaS privilege escalation vulnerability scanner
Privilege escalation scanner features
Hackers can steal user data or upload harmful payloads that can harm the whole application hosting environment with an elevation of privilege.
Create and verify your scan target.
Configure the credentials for the system and the application.
Create a webhook and start a scan via the CI Integration.
Integrate a chat notification system (Slack, Mattermost, Hangouts, and many more.)
Download the report
Get reports with remediation guidance, risk assessments, and solutions for every vulnerability discovered.
Privilege escalation scanner benefits
- Security teams will have more speed and agility
- Early detection of potential vulnerabilities and weaknesses
- Secure software development from concept to completion
- Better team collaboration
- Higher ability to respond quickly to changes
The Privilege Escalation Scanner report includes a list of attack vector tests completed by the scanner and classifications and proposed solutions.
Each report consists of all vulnerability findings, remedial suggestions, and a checklist to help you manage the progress.
More reasons for continuous privilege escalation testing
Perform regular black box pentests on your web assets and spend less on infrequent manual penetration tests.
Cybersecurity Risk Reduction
Benchmark your next release against OWASP Top 10 and other known vulnerabilities.
Match vulnerability scanning to your agile dev cycle.
Scan every new release before deployment and ensure compliance with regulations and standards (HIPAA, GDPR, ISO, and many more).
Faster Vulnerability Detection
Detect and mitigate vulnerabilities quicker by scanning your web assets regularly.
Integrated Dev Pipeline
Integrate vulnerability scanning into your dev process and environment and shift security left.
What is a privilege escalation scanner?
Every online business should have an automated vulnerability scanner these days, so we created one. Our privilege escalation scanner, for example, was intended to keep your online application safe while saving engineers time and money.
We offer you cyber security made easy approach:
- Developers get to save around 100 hours per year due to reduced test setup and remediation help right in the scan report.
- Save on average 40% on your petesting budget and enable constant security posture transparency while decreasing your exposure.
Note: It’s important that you own and you have the permissions to set the Privilege Escalation scanner. The Privilege Escalation tool can generate different HTTP Requests that can be considered as attacks (even if they are entirely inoffensive), so consider that you need the authorization to run this scanner.
Why should I test for privilege escalation vulnerability?
Privilege escalation is frequently used as part of a multi-stage attack, allowing hackers to deliver a malicious payload or run malicious code on the target machine. This implies you should check for indicators of additional malicious activities anytime you notice or suspect privilege escalation.
Even if there is no proof of future assaults, every privilege escalation occurrence is a security concern in and of itself since unauthorized access to personal, private, or otherwise sensitive data might have occurred. This will almost always have to be disclosed internally or to the appropriate authorities to guarantee compliance.
Worse yet, detecting privilege escalation incidents can be challenging due to the difficulty in distinguishing between normal and malicious behavior.
When you test for Privilege Escalation, you are closer to preventing these dangerous attacks that permit hackers to acquire customers’ data such as passwords, credit cards, and email information.
How do I start a privilege escalation scanner?
Set up and start scanning in less than 2 minutes.
- Check the fastest setup on the market. You’re only one click away from discovering your privilege escalation flaw. In less than 2 minutes, we scan your web application or API and produce a report detailing any vulnerabilities found.
- Excellent support team of security. We verify your automated test to ensure you are setting up our vulnerability tool correctly.
- Not just privilege escalation vulnerability – Test all Top 10 OWASP vulnerabilities. You’ll get precisely the types of attacks you are exposed to and the risk levels.
What are the main privilege escalation types?
Horizontal privilege escalation
Attacks in which a threat actor tries to expand its sphere of control over a whole system by gaining access to additional users with equivalent administrative credentials. Horizontal privilege escalation occurs when an attacker exploits lower-level or unprivileged user accounts without security policies.
Vertical privilege escalation
An attack in which the attacker elevates access rights above stated account permissions is known as Privilege Elevation. Such attacks usually aim to acquire access to accounts with limitless administrator capabilities, such as System Administrator.
What are the best practices to avoid privilege escalation?
Use these five simple steps:
- Do regular scannings
- Follow the less privilege principle
- Rotate default credentials
- Constantly monitor user behavior
- Limit file access and block unused ports